Dear Customer, kindly note that Pace Car Rental currently does not allow cross border car rental into Africa. However, if you are looking for an affordable long term solution, our Rent to Buy division does currently allow their vehicles to travel into other countries in Africa. Be sure to check their website out for more information. Once we resume cross border car rental into Africa, we will let you know.
Pace Car Rental is dedicated to going the extra mile so here is some additional information you may require to go cross border according to the :
Cross – Border Road Transport Act, 1998 (Act No. 4 of 1998)
- Consent from the owner of the car hire agency/vehicles finance facilitator to drive the vehicle.
- Cross border documents takes about 3 days to be processed.
- Our Cross Border fee is R1,350.
- Taking our vehicles across the border will double the liability amount and the deposit.
- For bigger vehicles (7-14 seaters), and if you are transporting paying passengers – you need to request a form from the Cross Border Road Transport Agency – you will need to go to their offices in Menlyn, Pretoria and it takes 48 hours to process these documents.
- You are required to have reflective stickers on your vehicle – they are sold at the borders – but you will need to ask for this as information is not easily shared.
- In your vehicle, you will need to have 2 triangles, 1 fire extinguisher and also a reflective vest.
- Cross border rentals are not available for bookings less than 7 days, and are strictly credit card-only bookings.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Contact Pace Car Rental on 011 262 5500 or email@example.com for arrangements.