Are you looking for Cross border car rental into Africa? Look no further! Pace Car Rental offers cross border car rental into African countries including Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Mozambique*. Are you from any of these countries but now living overseas? Are you looking for a South African car rental company that allows their cars to travel to Africa?
Pace Car Rental Johannesburg now allows cross border vehicle hire from South Africa into Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Mozambique*. It’s cheaper to drive than to fly to Zimbabwe, Harare, for example, and with our cross border kit, you will easily be able to drive in Zimbabwe and the other countries with no troubles. We charge the same price for the cross border fee regardless of whether you go via Botswana or direct through Beitbridge. When wanting to visit your home country, you would more than likely fly to Johannesburg, rent a car and then drive to Zimbabwe. Unfortunately, most car hire companies don’t allow their vehicles to cross into Zimbabwe and all the above-mentioned countries, but Pace Car Rental does!
Although we do not have an office at Johannesburg International O.R Tambo airport, we can meet you at international arrivals or departures and hand your vehicle over to you so long as you have a credit card. The same goes for the return of your vehicle. Please let us know in advance and we will allocate your booking to a car with a larger trunk/boot, we know there is always lots to take home!
Pace Car Rental is dedicated to going the extra mile so here is some additional information you may require to go cross border according to the :
Cross – Border Road Transport Act, 1998 (Act No. 4 of 1998)
- Consent from the owner of the car hire agency/vehicles finance facilitator to drive the vehicle
- It takes 3 working days for Cross Border Documents to be processed
- Our Cross Border fee is R1,350
- To take our vehicles cross the border the liability amount is doubled
- For bigger vehicles (7-14 seaters), and if you are transporting paying passengers – you need to request a form from the Cross Border Road Transport Agency – you will need to go to their offices in Menlyn, Pretoria and it takes 48 hours to process these documents.
- You are required to have reflective stickers on your vehicle – they are sold at the borders – but you will need to ask for this as information is not easily shared.
- In your vehicle, you will need to have 2 triangles, 1 fire extinguisher and for Zimbabwe also a reflective vest.
*Terms and Conditions Apply